2021 Alamo Classic
Date: January 29-31, 2021
Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center
900 East Market Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Exhibit Hall 1
4335 Vance Jackson, Suite #3
San Antonio, Texas 78230
210-375-7800 (phone) / 210-375-7801(fax)
Teams should fly into San Antonio International Airport, approximately 10 minutes from the meet site. The host hotel is across the street from the meet venue.
Modified Traditional for Xcel & Level 1-5
Modified Capital Cup for Levels 6-10/Open
(1-Judge panel for Xcel & Level 1-5; 2-Judge panels for Level 6-10/Open)
Speith equipment on all apparatus. There will be two sets of equipment.
This is a USAG sanctioned event so only credentialed team coaches, athletes, judges, and meet officials will be allowed on the competition floor. Please remind parents and non-competing team members of this rule.
Scores from each session will be posted following completion of each session as well as on www.alamoclassic.com.
There will be Individual and All-Around awards presented to the athletes in each age group following each competitive session.
- Level 1-2: Achievement ribbons with an All-Around medal
- Levels 3-5: Top 10 places on individual events and 100% All-Around
- Level 6-8/Xcel: Top 10 places on individual events and All-Around
- Level 9/10/Open: Top 7 places on individual events and All-Around
- Team: Team scores will be determined by the top 3 scores per event for each team entered. Top 3 teams (max) at each level will receive a cash award (based on teams that entered into team competition for each particular session).
We will also be recognizing all 2021 graduating seniors during this years’ Classic. Please ensure that they fill out the Senior Bio Form by December 1, 2020.
The Fiesta Jam event finals is our highlight event, it is a fun, exciting event for the athletes and the spectators.
The top 2 to 3 athletes, depending on the size of the session (all age groups combined), on each event in all Level 9 and 10 sessions will qualify.
For the Fiesta Jam, athletes are limited to 2 events.
Finalists will be announced following each awards ceremony. Coaches, parents, and athletes will receive info at that time including schedules. Finalists will receive a signature Alamo Classic leotard. Alternates will also be named; they will be invited to attend in case of last-minute scratches.
We are pleased to again offer drop-in childcare at our KidZone during all sessions. Ages 4 (fully potty trained) through 12 years are welcome to play in our bounce houses, do arts and crafts, or just hang out with our teen helpers, all with plenty of adult supervision within the competition arena. What a low-stress way to enjoy your gymnast’s competition! The KidZone is cleared following each session to allow for cleaning and re-staffing.
If staying at the host hotel, the meet venue is within walking distance. Otherwise, city garages are surrounding the convention center.
Pre-sales will open on November 1, 2020, and pre-sales will end on January 15, 2021. Purchase your tickets online and SAVE! Admission will be sold onsite too.
• Adult $40 (online $37)
• Child (ages 3-12) $25 (online $22)
• Seniors (ages 65+) $25 (online $22)
• DOES include Fiesta Jam Event Finals
Single Day Admission:
• Adult (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) $30 (online $27)
• Child (ages 3-12) $18 (online $15)
• Seniors (ages 65+) $18 (online $15)
• Does NOT include Fiesta Jam Event Finals
Fiesta Jam Event Finals: $18 (online $15)
• Credentialed gymnasts/coaches and children under 3 years are free
Kid Zone: $15
• Per session
• Must also purchase regular priced admission for each child
• Minimum age is 4 years old (fully potty trained)
• KidZone will be free to children of coaches (while coaching)
• KidZone will be open during all sessions including the Fiesta Jam Event Finals
• KidZone will be cleared between sessions to allow for cleaning and re-staffing
• Credentialed athletes have free admission to all sessions INCLUDING the Fiesta Jam Event Finals
• Athletes will receive their credentials at the Registration Table
Concessions will be available at all sessions for your convenience.
More info to come for the host hotel!