2014 Alamo Classic
Jan 17-19, 2014
San Antonio Convention Center
200 East Market Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Exhibit Hall A
AA Parents’ Association
c/o Aerial Athletics
4335 Vance Jackson, Ste 3
San Antonio, Texas 78230
210-375-7800 (phone) / 210-375-7801 (fax)
Heather Schnelzer and Allison Kustoff
Teams should fly into San Antonio International Airport, approximately 10 minutes from meet site. The host hotel is adjacent to the meet venue.
- Levels 1, 2 (Achievement Only) $75.00
- Levels 3, 4, 5, and Xcel (Placement Only) $105.00
- Levels 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 $125.00
- Team Fee (per level) $50.00
One check should be made payable to: Alamo Classic
No entry request will be accepted unless accompanied by a completed entry registration form. You must provide a valid e-mail address with your entry. Changes will only be accepted via e-mail, and all correspondence will be via e-mail only. This meet will fill quickly so all entry requests received will be accepted in order of payment receipt.
- Entry & Payment Deadline: November 1, 2014 [DOC][PDF]
- Refund Request Deadline: December 1, 2014
- Level Changes Deadline: December 1, 2014
Optionals — Capital Cup
Compulsories – Modified Capital Cup
AAI equipment on all apparatus and boards at each event. All boards will stay on the apparatus assigned. There will be two sets of equipment.
This is a USAG sanctioned event so only team coaches, competing athletes, judges, and meet officials will be allowed on the competition floor. Please remind parents and non-competing team members of this rule.
Scores from each session will be posted following completion of each session as well as on our smartphone app and online at www.alamoclassic.com
There will be Individual and All Around awards presented to the athletes in each age group following each competitive session.
- Level 1-2: Achievement ribbons w/all around medal
- Levels 3-10 & Xcel: Top 10 individual events and 100% all around
- Team: Team scores will be determined by top 3 scores per event for each team entered. Top 50% teams at each level will receive unique team awards.
We will also be recognizing all 2015 graduating seniors during this years’ Classic. Please ensure that they fill out the graduating seniors form and send it in by the deadline.
The Fiesta Jam event finals is our highlight event, it is a fun, exciting event for the athletes and the spectators.
A minimum of the top 2 juniors (combined Jr A & Jr B) and top 2 seniors (combined Sr A & Sr B) on each event in each level 9 & 10 session will qualify to event finals.
For the Fiesta Jam, athletes are limited to 2 events.
Finalists will be announced following each awards ceremony. Coaches, parents, and athletes will receive info at that time including schedules. Finalists will receive additional embellishment to their Alamo Classic leotard. Alternates will also be named; they will be invited to attend in case of last-minute scratches.
We are pleased to again offer drop-in child care at our KidZone during all sessions. Ages 3 (fully potty trained) through 12 years are welcome to play in our bounce houses, do arts and crafts, or just hang out with our teen helpers, all with plenty of adult supervision within the competition arena. What a low-stress way to enjoy your gymnast’s competition! The KidZone is cleared following each session to allow for cleaning and re-staffing.
If staying at the host hotel, the meet venue is within walking distance. Otherwise city garages are surrounding the convention center.
We will not have online sales of admission tickets for 2015. All admission sales will be during the meet weekend at the competition venue.
• Adult – $30
• Child (ages 5-12) – $15
• Seniors (ages 65+) – $15
• DOES include Fiesta Jam Event Finals
Single Day Admission:
• Adult – $20
• Child (ages 5-12) – $10
• Seniors (ages 65+) – $10
• Does NOT include Fiesta Jam Event Finals
Fiesta Jam Event Finals:
• $5 per person (credentialed gymnasts and children under 5 years are free)
• Each session – $5
• Must also purchase regular priced admission for each child
• Minimum age is 3 years old (fully potty trained)
• KidZone will be open during all sessions including the Fiesta Jam Event Finals
• KidZone will be cleared between sessions to allow for cleaning and re-staffing
• Credentialed athletes have free admission to all sessions INCLUDING the Fiesta Jam Event Finals
• Athletes will receive their credentials at the Registration Table
Concessions will be available at all sessions for your convenience.
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
848 E Market St
San Antonio, TX 78205